Data Destruction in Hampton Roads, VA
At the core of Securis’ data destruction process is our media shredding services, which can be performed onsite at the customer’s premises or in our secure, access controlled facilities. The Hampton Roads location serves Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Newport News, Hampton, and the surrounding areas and is located at 2551 Eltham Ave, Suite G, Norfolk VA 23513.
Securis utilizes an industrial shredder to chop, mince, and shred hard drives, cell phones, tapes, and other data storage devices into tiny, inaccessible fragments. Our system is completely self-sufficient, utilizing power from our secure service truck’s internally mounted generator, requiring no use of any facilities resources to operate.
As critical as the shredding machine itself are the secure, meticulous and documented processes to get hard drives from your facilities to the machine and disposing of the shredded material afterwards. Over the last decade, Securis has invested in a proven, end-to-end process that provides protection and accountability through the entire chain of custody of your IT assets.
Securis’ services meet all Federal regulatory standards, are GSA-approved and have earned numerous industry certifications for security and environmental responsibility. A truly comprehensive approach to secure and responsible data and IT asset destruction includes all of the elements below.
Securis IT Asset and Data Security in Hampton Roads, Virginia
- Locked Tote Bins for transportation of media on the job
- Scanning for Inventory record/ asset tracking
- Certificate of destruction
- Locked collection tote bins left at client site
- On-site Shredding
- Off-site Shredding
- On-site Degaussing
- Off-site Degaussing
- Scheduled destruction times
- Quantity discounts
- Pre-screening of technicians
- Property management interfacing– coordinating with property management to get permission to use elevators, etc.
- Customized service delivery; logistics and pickup
- GPS tracking of trucks
Securis Staff Security
- Background checks through Kroll
- Fingerprint records
- ID badges
- Significant training
- Lead security technicians
- 2-way Mobile communication devices
- Drug tests on all employees
Securis Process Security
- Secure storage bins
- Locked truck
- Scanners used to record serial numbers for inventory
- Asset tagging for tracking of equipment without serial numbers
- NAID Certified for mobile operations
- Attend to media to be destroyed at all time
- Customers receive certificate of destruction
Securis Facility Security
- Camera surveillance
- Secure access controls
- NAID Certified plant
- Escorts for visitors to the plant
- Dedicated area for processing and destroying
To find the Securis office nearest you, click here.