Securis is 19 Years Old!
Securis had a birthday last month and turned 19 years old. We found ourselves reflecting on our history and goals for the future.
Some of our company’s milestones are:
- Our founder, Jeremy Farber, established PC Recycler in New York
- First Fortune 500 customer (Coca Cola)
- NYC to DC
- Expansion from 4,000 square feet to 8,000 square feet
- Scanning technology implementation
- On-site Hard Drive Destruction
- Salesforce.com implementation
- GSA Contract Schedule
- Expansion to 12,000 square feet
- NAID AAA Certification
- On-site High-Speed Data Shredding
- Custom Cloud CRM & ERP software on Salesforce.com
- Added on-site degaussing services to our portfolio
- Implemented capabilities to provide on-site, high-speed degaussing and shredding
- Rebranded the company from PC Recycler to Securis with a focus on ultra-secure data destruction services
- Obtained R2 Certification
- Earned the Inc 500 fastest growing private companies award
- Added micro shredding technology to our service portfolio, allowing for data destruction that goes beyond traditional shredding and pulverizes devices into 2MM e-crumbs
- Advanced cloud-based mobile inventory tracking system
- Customer inventory portal
- Began offering franchise opportunities
- Sponsored a young woman in Moldova. Victoria, a 16-year-old who loves the color yellow, is at risk. In Moldova, the government institutional care of abandoned and orphaned children only lasts until they turn 16 years old. At that time, without support, they’d be on their own with nowhere to stay, and no family. Read more here.
- Partnered with Service Source to provide additional employment opportunities for people with disabilities
- Added a second warehouse, expanding our facilities from 12,000 to 22,000 square feet
- Traveled to The Amazon alongside Justice & Mercy, who aids in providing people in remote villages with health and dental care while spreading the love of Jesus
- Created and implemented the customer rebate program allowing for agencies and organizations to save more on ultra-secure data destruction and IT recycling
- Celebrating 19 years of business with cake – because what’s a birthday without cake?
We celebrated with a catered lunch, and passed out six Beat Your Best awards. Beat Your Best is an incentive program where employees receive quarterly bonuses for achieving a predetermined goal.
To each of our customers, vendors, and supporters, we thank you for traveling this journey with us. Together, we’re confident in another 19 years of success (and another 19 after that).