Check out our events
For more information on the next e-waste recycling event near you, click on the location closest to you below.
Be sure to take a monment to reiew each of the location lists for items that are accepted and which items require a fee to recycle.
- This event has passed.
Click Here for E-Recycling Near Northern VA / DC
January 14 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Northern Virginia Community Electronics Recycling Event is held on the second Saturday of each month from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: 14801 Willard Road, Suite 800, Chantilly, Virginia 20151
Please see Securis’ list of acceptable items and fees (also listed below).
Please read the entire page prior to coming to an event. There are some items we’re unable to accept, and some that require a fee to recycle.
Securis partners with True Shred for paper shredding. The cost is $10 per banker’s box of papers.
Computer Recycling Fees Charged:
Monitors – $15.00 Each
Televisions, LCD TV’s and Plasmas – 19″ or Smaller $15.00 Each, 20″ to 30” $20.00 Each, 31″ to 50″ $25.00 Each, 51″ or Larger $30.00
Hard Drive, Cell Phone, and Tablet Shredding – $10.00 Each Hard Drive or Cell Phone (you may watch if you’d like to – fee applies whether you witness the destruction or drop your drive off for shredding). Please remove batteries from cell phones. NOTE: If you remove the hard drive from your device prior to coming to an event, you save $5.00 and can have the drive shredded for $5.00!
Flash Drives and Thumb Drive Shredding – $1.00 each (shredded at a later date, stored in a securely locked tote until destruction)
CDs, Floppies, DVDs, Tapes, VHS Tapes, Shredded and Recycled – $1.00 per lbs
Ink/Toner Cartridges – $1.00 per lbs
Note: No cash or checks, please. Accepting credit or debit cards only.
Free To Recycle:
- Answering Machines
- Air Conditioners (without coolant)
- All types of Cables
- Lab Equipment
- Laptop batteries
- Printed Circuit Board
- Telecom Equipment
- Testing Equipment
- UPS – Power Supplies
- Washing Machines
- Compact Disc Players
- Computer Equipment
- DVD Players
- Electric Typewriters
- Electric Motors
- Electronic Gaming Systems
- Fax Machines
- Mainframe Equipment
- Microwave Ovens (without glass trays)
- Stereo Components
- Transparency Makers
- Two-Way Radios
- Computer Speakers
- Cordless Telephones
- Keyboards / Mice
- Household Electronics
- Home Appliances
- Networking Equipment
- Nintendo Game Systems
- PCI Cards
- Tape Players
- Wii Game Systems
- Xbox Game Systems
- Word Processors
- Holiday lights
- Other Electronics
Items Not Accepted:
- Alkaline batteries
- Glass (We will accept Cathode Ray Tubes (CRTs) and TV’s)
- Light bulbs (other than holiday lights)
- Fire Detectors
- Thermostats or other mercury-containing devices
- Items that contain Freon
- Any fossil fuel or materials used in collecting fossil fuels
- Any infectious or biological wastes or equipment that contained them
- Media contaminated with oil
- Any liquid, chemicals, oils, or powders
- Equipment that contains chemicals of any kind
- Equipment that contains asbestos
- Equipment that contains radioactive components
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Microwaves glass plates
- Equipment that contains mercury
- Any materials that would adversely impact our operations or result in environmental or health problems